America’s Boiler Company
The Burnham Commercial Series 4S four-pass wetback scotch boiler was designed using our extensive boiler experience and is sold and serviced through the largest and most experienced network of sales representatives in the country. With a complete commercial product offering and unmatched sales and technical support, it’s no wonder why we are America’s Boiler Company!
Why Choose the Series 4S?
- The design incorporates positive water flow circulation and maximum heat transfer to maximize ratings.
- The handhole clean-outs are placed for ease of servicing.
- The access door is constructed of durable, lightweight vacuum formed ceramic fiber – the door liner weighs less than 5 pounds!
- All external trim piping is designed and installed in accordance with the ASME Code and is certified by an independent inspection agency for compliance.
- The fiberglass insulated steel jacket is finish painted with high gloss blue enamel.
- The front and rear full-sized hinged access doors are standard and secured with non-corrosive brass nuts.
- The UL approved packaged burners are trimmed and wired to assembled gas trains.
- The heavy steel base provides adequate stability along with shipping and rigging protection.
- It is completely packaged and ready for “same day” installation.
- The 5 sq.ft./hp rated design does not use turbulators or welded tube ends.
- The multitude of QC checkpoints and stringent final inspection assures you of a quality product.
- There are no proprietary parts or gaskets on the boiler trim or the burner.
Latest Design Techniques
The Series 4S uses the very latest design techniques and standards. Its furnace, the workhorse of the boiler, is designed for low volumetric release rates of no more than 136,000 btu/hr/cu.ft. The lower the release rates, the “easier” your boiler works. As your boiler works easier, less stress is put upon the steel, tube ends, refractory, etc., resulting in a longer lasting boiler. In addition to longevity, a larger furnace makes for ease in firing using any selected burner vendor. The Series 4S is also easily converted to a Low NOx product when needed.
The Burnham Commercial Series 4S design produces a higher efficiency due to the larger furnace and higher heat transfer design. To determine the efficiency of your next job, contact your local Burnham Commercial representative.